Greece Recipes: Soupa Horiatiki
Serves 6 Hot Pork Vegetable Vegetables Soups Starter Hors d'ouevre Greece Mediterranean Europe|
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Onions, finely chopped
- 3 medium Potatoes, diced
- 3 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 Courgettes (zucchini), diced
- 2 Leeks, sliced
- 3 Tomatoes, sliced
- 225g/8oz Bacon, roughly chopped
- 1.5L/50fl.oz. Stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon Juice to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and saut for 4-5 minutes until soft and transparent.
2. Add the vegetables, bacon and stock, season well with salt and pepper and bring to the boil stirring.
3. Reduce the heat to medium, partially cover and cook for about 1 hour, stirring from time to time and adding a little more water if necessary. Serve hot with a dash of lemon juice.