Greece Recipes: Greek Style Calamari
Serves 4 Hot Seafood Main Course Gluten Wheat Free Dairy Free Greece Mediterranean Europe|
- 120ml/4fl.oz. Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 Aubergine (eggplant), sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 12 Whole baby Squid, peeled and cleaned
- The Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Freshly chopped Basil
1. Place the oil, onion and garlic in a frying pan over medium heat and cook until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Add the aubergine and cook until just softened then add the tomatoes and lemon juice and zest, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes until the mixture softens and breaks down.
3. Add the calamari, and cook for 5-6 minutes, turning, until just opaque.
4. Add the basil and toss well. Serve immediately.